- The priest may not wear gloves to distribute communion.
- He should sanitise his hands before and after distributing communion and wear a mask.
- The people should not wear gloves to receive communion.
- The laity should not be asked to self- communicate, or to take from the ciborium themselves.
- Instead the priest (with sanitised hands) should distribute in the normal way, taking care to avoid physical contact.
- The people should be encouraged to receive communion in the hand, but if they wish to receive communion on the tongue they must receive last and be encouraged to avoid physical contact (e.g. by kneeling/opening their mouths)