The St Swithun’s St Vincent de Paul Society Needs your help
Dear Parishioners. The St Swithun’s St Vincent de Paul Society Conference has been very active over the last few months. Some things that we have been involved in include:
• Providing a friendly phone call and/or visit to those who are lonely or vulnerable – especially those who have become socially isolated due to the lockdown.
• Providing a local young mother in temporary accommodation with baby clothes and food after she had been financially affected by the pandemic.
• Providing a takeaway packed lunch (and some clothing and shoes) to the homeless and vulnerable each Sunday afternoon from the Church hall.
• Befriending people in need and ensuring that they are signposted (and accompanied) to social services and other community organisations if needed.
• Helping a regular Sunday lunch attendee to achieve settled immigration status.
• Providing Christmas hampers and food to 5 local families living in poverty.
• Building solid links with other community organisations and charities to ensure that we signpost and accompany anyone to the service best suited to meet their need.
• Providing a mini food bank at the front of the church recognising the hidden need around us.
• Working with the Mini Vinnies at St Swithun’s School on projects to help the homeless and vulnerable.
We are a team of volunteers who are committed to helping alleviate poverty in all its forms by way of practical assistance.
If you or somebody you know are:
– Lacking in basic necessities including needing food parcels
– Struggling with social isolation and would like a regular friendly phone call
– Needing help getting online in order to keep in touch with local community, family and friends
– Feeling vulnerable and would like shopping/medication delivered to your door
– Experiencing any other kind of difficulty as a result of this pandemic
Please get in touch confidentially on 07305 505 805 or 02392 828 305 or you can email PresidentB170211@svp.org.uk.