These prayers are easy to memorize and can be said throughout the day.
Jesus said, “whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it” (John 14:13-14).
The name of Jesus is a powerful prayer in itself, and Jesus asked us to use it frequently whenever we pray to him.
While we can simply say the name “Jesus,” the Church also has many other brief prayers that use his name and can be prayed throughout the day in various circumstances.
- Jesus, my God I love You above all things;
- Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!;
- Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner;
- Praised be Jesus Christ, now and forever;
- Sweet Heart of Jesus, be me love;
- Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto thine;
- My Jesus, mercy!
- My Sweetest Jesus, be not my Judge, but my Saviour!
- Jesus, I trust in You;
- Sweet Heart of my Jesus, grant that I may ever love Thee more;
- Heart of Jesus, burning with love for us, set our heart on fire with love of Thee;
- Jesus, I love You!